Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Date/ Protein Spheres





A very simple grab and go snack so you always have something at the ready.
All you need is a food processor and some simple, easily substituted options. In the batch I made I put:

2 cups of dates
1 cup of prunes
1 cup of cashews
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of coconut
1/4 cup of ground flax
2 scoops of Vegan protein powder
1 scoop of Greens+ powder

I processed until it was sticky and had to add a scant 1/4 cup of water until it stuck together.

You can make them whatever size you like. I used a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop.

Roll the balls in whatever you like. I used sesame seeds, Lady J used coconut on her's. I think ground nuts would be pretty good too.

Store them in a container in the fridge. Or individually wrap them for the road.

Enjoy



Oh M.A. you silly.

No comments: