Saturday, April 23, 2011

Decisions, Decisions... plain or not

Vegan, gluten free peanut butter/ chocolate cookies

Heat oven to 350.

In whatever you use to bake with, cream 1 cup of your favourite butter substitute with 1 cup of dark brown sugar and 1 cup of white.

Add 2 flax eggs (2 TB ground flax and 6 TB water)

Add 1 teaspoon vanilla

Scrape the bowl a few times.

Add 1.5 cups of your favourite peanut butter.

Scrape bowl a few times.

In a separate bowl add 2 cups of rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Mix or sift it up.

A scoop at a time add to the PB mix. Combine, scrape... over and over until you have a stiff dough. Depending on your location, elevation and humidity you might not use all the flour, or you might need a tad more. You judge. (I judge everything and need my energy for that).

If you are putting chocolate in yours (DARK- read labels), now is the time.

Make balls (heehee) the size you like and lay them on a cookie sheet. These spread a bit so don't be worried they'll take over the pan, they won't.

I baked mine for 14 minutes. You know your oven so I'll also let you judge the exact baking time.

Let them rest out of the oven, but try a warm one before OTHER PEOPLE in your house get a whiff and start walking their zombie asses out of their caves.

Happy Day Bitches

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found out that my daughter has an allergy to wheat and dairy and as I searched for some cookies' recipes I came across your blog. Can you suggest some fun recipes I can make with my daughter to make this new found diet for her a bit more pleasant?? It is so hard to see her having to give up all the goodies she's known to date while her friends are stuffing their faces with donuts and pizzas :'(
Do you have kids? Or are those lovely chi dogs your babies? Very cute by the way.

many thanks
Laura