Saturday, April 16, 2011

Nana Louise's Stove Top Rice Pudding- Veganized


Tastes like another bowl needed.


Gaye and I were jonesing for discussing rice pudding the other night (text counts as discussion). She texted me her Nana Louise's stoptop recipe. I nearly got up at 10pm and made it (I had raisin toast instead). This was so good. I can't even tell you how good, you just have to take the mere minutes it takes and do it yourself. I veganized my version but you can do it whatever way you want and it will work. I really doubt you can fu*k this. You can double, triple, quadruple or PMS size this. Just remember to increase everything accordingly (actually I'm a big fucking liar cause I just eyeballed everything and turned the pot on).
Ignore me.

Nana's Rice Pudding

1 1/2 Cups of cooked rice (the starchiness of white is best but use whatever you like. I'm trying it with Quinoa!)

1 Cup of Coconut milk (This is what I used, use what you like)

1/4 Cup of Custard flavoured tofu (the original calls for 2 egg yolks, but you know that ain't happening here...)

3 TBS Sugar

A Dash of salt

Vanilla for flavour (if you use the custard tofu you can really skip this, up to you)

A fluff of cinnamon or nutmeg (A fluff is a poof. Figure it out)

Things you like to put on top. I used chopped prunes (god help me) and raw sunflower seeds. Next time I'm gonna do like Nana said and use raisins, golden.

Put the rice, tofu (it will melt up without much effort on your part), milk and sugar in the pot. On med-high heat start stirring. The rice will thicken and bubble and be flipping hot. Turn off the heat and keep stirring for a couple more minutes.

Add the vanilla now if you're using it. Add the cinnamon if you want it fully incorporated. I like a sprinkle on top.

Get the big bowl that you only use when no one is around to see you eat. The one on the top shelf and you need the steppy stool to stand on to get... Is that just at my house?
Fill it. Sprinkle your add ons and prepare yourself for comfort.

Hope you made enough for later tonight, you are gonna want it. Enjoy!

PS: Sorry if your ass widens because of the carbs. So Sorry.

No comments: