Monday, May 9, 2011

Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free Peanut Butter/Oat cookies Oh MY!!

Here you go... no wheat, no soy, no animal. Just a bit of guilt if you eat 6.

1 Cup of your favourite butter substitute (I use Earth Balance)
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of White Sugar

Cream all of this in a bowl/ mixer (god forbid I hope you're using a mixer)

Add 1.5 Cups of your favourite peanut butter (I found all naturals don't work well, atleast for me)

Cream some more.

Add 3 Flax Eggs

Cream.

Add 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla.

Mix together 1 cup of barley oats and 1.5 cups of RICE flour. Add 1 teaspoon of baking SODA.

Add the flour/ oat mixture a bit at a time. Mix mix mix... mix mix mix. Scrape scrape scrape.

You can add chocolate if you want. I do half the mix plain, half with the chocolate (for me :)

Make into balls and put on cookie sheet. They spread but not so much you'll have one big cookie.

Bake for about 13-15 minutes (for a big cookie) at 350 degrees. You know your oven so bake accordingly. I know you're not a rookie.

Have with a big cold glass of coconut milk.

No comments: